Thursday 21 June 2012

The Iron Queen Review

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)"My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back."








      
                                              5 Smokin' Kisses!

The Iron Queen  Oh boy. this was my favorite of all the Iron Fey Novels. This one was just heart Wretching :( oh how i loved it, Kagawa , Welcome to the ranks of my favorite authors. And i dont say that to very many. After blogging & Posting reviews on goodreads, i've read over 200 books. with that being said, I have only ever called one book my "favoirte" and that would be Beautiful Creatures -  It will forever hold that rank. However, after that, I dont claim favorites because simple... There are just too many damn good books! If i was to claim favorites after every novel i read, id be here all day. BUT. BUT. BUT. The Iron Fey have defenitly earned a very very very, shiny spot as one of my favorite series of all time (right behind Beautiful Creatures of course), so yes Kagawa feel very special. & for the ones reading this right now.... take this as a sign and GO PICK UP THE SERIES NOW ! that is all i have to say on that matter.
In the Iron Queen , we follow Ash & Meghan on their very brief visit to the mortal world after their exile. They planned to stay with Meghans family & lead a normal mortal life, even Ash. Until Meghan realizes that she still isn't safe from the False Iron King. Even after defeating glitch, the False Iron King still pursues her power that was given to her upon defeating machina in the Iron King . Meghan, reluctent to pull her family into the grasps of the Iron fey, decides that her & Ash are better off finding leanansidhe instead. With the help of Grim they make it there, & seek sanctuary from The Iron kings minion chasing after Meghan. Puck, who has also now been exiled for leaving nevernever to search for Meghan, is pulled into his own troubles when Meghan finds out the truth about her dad that puck has been hiding.
From that point forward, their journey takes on a new hight- as King Oberon & Queen Mab offer to lift all three of their exiles, if Meghan agrees to venture, once more, into the Iron realm to destroy the False King.
What a beautiful journey this is, despite the blood bath, this novel is filled with love & sacrifice. Here, Ash , puck & Meghan find out what truly comes along with the burden of love & when you have the weight of all of Faery on your shoulders. Vows made, Promises Broken.
"My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court. Let it be known- from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the summer king, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existance be forfeit. This i swear, on my honor, my true name and my life. From this day on.... I'm yours. "
Doesnt that just give you goosebumps ? *sniffs* just so damn cute.
So Meghan & Ash become inseperable & poor puck sticks it out by their side, even though he is in love with Meghan. Gained total respect for him i must say.
I had this novel finished quicker than Iron daughter which is weird because i was studying for chemistry, but decided that Redox could wait until i found out what happened. hehe ..
so by the end, i was completely & utterly shocked. Meghan is a fricken trooper. Ash is beautiful. & puck is a graceful tragedy. I couldnt believe it, & my heart was squishing into my chest as i read these last words from our prince........  " I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase. And i swear, if there is a way for us to be together, i will find it. No matter how long it takes. If i have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I wont stop until i find you. I promise "
How beautiful :'(
The final novel in the series, The iron knight , is told from Ash's perspective. so watch out for that !
"My name is Meghan Chase, and I am the Iron Queen"
Happy readings everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment