Friday 7 December 2012

Stacking the Shelves [11]

STSmall_thumb[2]

Hi, Friends!

What a great bookish week! Having Finished " Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" last week, I had started "Days of Blood & Starlight" Shortly after, and finished it yesterday. Holy mothers, what more can I say than WHAT GREAT BOOKS THEY BOTH ARE! I'm officially in love with Taylor's writing style, it just kills me. I seriously can't get enough of it... i'm in the need for a serious re-read of the Smoke & Bone series. I'll be posting reviews for both the books within the next day or two. 
Apparently i'm not reading books fast enough, because last I recalled I had 28 unread books or so, now I have 39..... hmm. This is not good. Of course, that is including the KICK-ASS books I purchased today!
I was on twitter in a extremely boring math class, learning about radical functions or something rather, and came across a post for 'The YA awards, 2012 Edition'. Scrolling through the list, I recognized most of the books from some place or another. I had only read one or two of them, but most were high acclaimed books, or unique ones with either a total love or total hate factor. So I decided to go out and purchase a couple of them that I have been waiting to read anyways. 

Without Further Ado...

 Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

What a gorgeous cover & Mysterious Synopsis! I can't lie, I was drawn to this book a little while back with it's elegant cover, without having even read the synopsis. And after seeing it on the list, I just had to purchase it right away!
It's always the ones that are out of the ordinary that are the most fun to get lost in!






 Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

This book has been ALL the hype for the past couple of months. Arc reviewers loved it, and the vibe continued to climb when it was released and readers fell in love with it as well. I've been seeing it everywhere, but never read the synopsis until today before I bought it. The cover looks appealing-- It drove me to the conclusion that it was about abuse or something-- but I was DEFINITELY intrigued after reading the little excerpt in the back. Holy mothers, this is totally my type of book. Definitely my next read after The Devil's Metal.




Venom by Fiona Paul

Now, although this wasn't on the list, I've been meaning to get this book since it came out. I'm in love with historical fiction & Victorian books, and all though this may not be classified as so, it takes place in an old, classy setting, with a headstrong female character that trades her proper courtesy with some adventure. Reminds me a little of A Great & Terrible Beauty, But that book is a work of art-- so let's not push it. I just want it to be as good as I'm expecting!





That's it for me this week! What's new on your shelf? Let me know! (:
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Awesome haul Rola! Omg... I just added Code Name Verity to my TBR! I hadn't read the synopsis before either but I'm always hearing people talk about it... wow. It sounds amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venom is awesome!! Have you seen the insides?? It's so pretty!! Awesome haul!! Unfortunately, Unspoken is a DNF for me :( But I hope you enjoy your haul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy unspoken and venom, they look great :) want to read them myself

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. My copy of Venom is still on reserve at the bookstore, and Unspoken is somewhere underneath my TBR pile. Been meaning to try Code Name Verity as well. Enjoy!

    Stacking the Shelves #7
    We're giving away copies of Antonia Michaelis' The Storyteller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I have been wanting to read Code Name Verity for ages. I got it from the library but it was due back before I got to read it. Venom looks great and I've heard good things about Unspoken. Happy reading!

    My STS post

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks gorgeous!!! Oh no! I've heard its good, so i do hope that i like it... thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started it, and loving it so far! We should do a read along ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't gotten around to reading The Unspoken yet, but I hear it's fantastic. And Code Name Verity is a really popular book, too! Hopefully you like it more than I did.

    Have a great week!

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried Code name Verity but didn't feel it :-(
    I couldn't even finish it.

    ReplyDelete