Tuesday 4 December 2012

Bookish Christmas Wishlist!

Hi all!

Can you feel the Christmasy season? I know they say 'It's not about the gifts', which is true, it's about the family, the giving and all the gracious things one can do, BUT I can't help but think about all the wonderful gifts I would like to get this season. What can I say? It's a reflex.

What has my eye this Christmas?

1. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness


I've heard SUCH amazing things about the All Souls series, and I've been dying to read them but never got around to buying them. And I just recently found out (Thanks, Tammy!) That you can actually go to Deborah's site and order signed copies of the book, for no extra cost (Just the cost of the book + Shipping)!!! How cool is that?! Definitely a must have.








2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

I've always wanted to read this book, but they don't sell it in any Indigo stores and I've been too lazy to order it. I heard it's a real tear jerker (yay!)












3. Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini


This book has been one of Waiting on's since forever! It says that Indigo sells it but none of the stores have it, so I guess it needs to be ordered in as well. Again, this makes me forget and I get lazy!
















4. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

I can't believe I've put off reading this book for so long! I have so many TBR books I guess that I just forget to hunt them all down. Again, this book is available through Indigo but isn't in stores, so it needs to be ordered in (apparently I like very rare books...). I've read some of the BEST reviews for this one!













5. Scarlet by A.C.Gaughen

Scarlet (Scarlet #1)OK. don't kill me but this isn't avaliable in stores either.... THERE'S A REASON THESE ARE ON MY WISH LIST!!! It's hard for me to order everything, so I just stick them on this wishlist in hopes that someone else will! Anyways, I love a good twist up of a classic tale, and nothing like a hero robin-hood, that is (WAIT FOR IT) actually a chick!!!











6. A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb

I heard this was a difficult and unique book, and it is for that reason that I want to read it. I like challanges and love reading something against the tide of what I have on my shelf,-- and this book would be it. And for one, it's available in Indigo stores! *My Family Cheers*









7. Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

Going Too FarGreat reviews. I've had my eye on this one for a while now!
















8. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)I like the Mortal Instruments-- not a HUGE fan, but I have read them all and I've enjoyed them-- but I did hear that the Infernal Devices is way better. Plus, I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE Victorian England Fan girl, and if a book is set in that time period, I will usually read it, no questions asked. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!










9.  A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

A Northern LightA Historical Fiction that is supposed to be great, but hasn't caught much hype.

















10. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons WhyA supposed heart-wretching book that deals with the truth of bullying... defenitely been on my must reads for a while now. it's about time I read it!














Honestly, I could think  of a thousand more. But those are what stood out the most for me right now. Personally, I love surprises. I love tearing open a gift & seeing something I never would have guessed to be gifted! That's the fun part.

Let me know what YOUR Bookish Wishlist is!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really want to read Thirteen Reasons Why, too! And A Northern Light (looked it up on Goodreads) sounds really good as well. And the cover is quite beautiful.

    Side note: I found whenever I was working at the bookstore over xmas, no one would buy me books for Christmas because they were all like: "but you work in a book store...how would I know what to buy you...I'm sure you've read everything already!" Haha. Poor me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is! They all have gorgeous covers.... makes it harder to decide which will look better on my shelf! haha


    Thats what I feel will happen to me this year. I posted this list, but I don't think i'm getting books from any of my family members. They think I already see books too much as it is, so I don't need anymore book gifts :p atleast you dont work there anymore, now everyone will buy you books out of pity because they'll think you miss it!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to love ADOW :) And that book you can order is signed AND personalized for no extra cost (Most Excellent) And I also obsess on Mortal Instruments - Clockwork Prince takes the shadowhunters (who are awesome by themselves) and adds in Steampunk!! WIN!! (And I'm sure you know my obsession with steampunk lately... :)

    Thanks for introducing me to Scarlet - looks interesting - love a good girl power book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HURRAY FOR DISQUS! LOL. I put Thirteen Reasons Why on my wish list too! I remember we saw "A Certain Slant of Light" the last time we met up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome wishlist, Rola! :D

    I absolutely LOVED Jellicoe Road, and I've been wanting to read some of these sooo bad...Scarlet for instance! I even have an ebook of it, but haven't read it yet. :P I should get on that! :P

    ReplyDelete