Tuesday 17 July 2012

City of Lost Souls REVIEW


City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)The demon Lilith has been destroyed and Jace freed from captivity. But when the Shadowhunters arrive, they find only blood and broken glass. Not only is the boy Clary loves missing, so is the boy she hates: her brother Sebastian, who is determined to bring the Shadowhunters to their knees.

The Clave's magic cannot locate either boy, but Jace can't stay away from Clary. When they meet again Clary discovers the horror Lilith's magic has wrought - Jace and Sebastian are now bound to each other, and Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is determined to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other.

Only a few people believe that Jace can still be saved. Together, Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle bargain with the sinister Seelie Queen, contemplate deals with demons, and turn at last to the merciless, weapon-making Iron Sisters, who might be able to forge a weapon that can sever the bond between Sebastian and Jace. If the Iron Sisters can't help, their only hope is to challenge Heaven and Hell - a risk that could claim their lives.

And they must do it without Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing not just her own life, but Jace's soul. She's willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series


                                 
                                           4 smokin' kisses

I Liked this one.
Even though i dislike Jace because he officially annoys the living crap out of me, nonetheless- this was a good one. Major cliff hanger, yes. But we got to see multiple sides to everyone. plus... more SIMON & ISABELLE i love them :') so cute. Its so cute how Isabelle is suddenly shy. my favorite Kick-ass female, is shy because she is unsure if simon likes her or not... SEE ?! DIFFERENT SIDES !
You see some *Bad* Jace & very little *good* jace, some super confused clary, *crazy* magnus & alec dramaa, sebastion & clary action ... what else could u need? OH YEAH, jordan & Maia too !
But my favorite of all is Simon & Isabelle. I love how when simon went to summon the Angel, how worried she was. Broke my heart :/ especially the ending.

"Whats it like?" Isabelle said abruptly.
"whats what like?"
"being in love," isabelle said. "how do you know you are? and how do you know else is in love with you?"
"umm......."
"like simon" isabelle said. "how could you tell he was in love with you?"
[...]
"Izzy.... if you have feelings for simon, or if you want to know if he has feelings for you.. maybe you should tell him."
isabelle fiddled with some nonexistant lint on her cuff.
"tell him what?"
"how you feel about him"
Isabelle looked mutinous. "I shouldnt have to"


OMG . im seriously so excited for the next in the series, just to find out what happens with isabelle and simon. Im starting to hate jace more & more so -.-
TEAM SIMON & ISABELLE!!!

Otherwise, the plot is great. There's alot going on, so its really interesting to follow. I liked this one.
I still think there's something wrong with me however. everyone is in love with this series, yet i lack that feeling. I mean i like it... but i dont think about it after reading it. Unlike beautiful creatures, Soul Screamers & curse workers- which i think about constantly, Mortal instruments isnt usually on my mind. Cant put my finger on what the story lacks though.

The saddest mooment... & most shocking, is probebly when clary thought she killed jace. i wont say TOO much about it... but i had a mini heart attack. & i almost cried . which NEVER happens. i havent cried during a novel ever since my sisters keeper. So, it was a huge moment.

Seeing Jace under control by sebastian is something. my feelings for jace were already iffy, but once he was taken control of, i just simply goy annoyed. i think its Clary & Jace that put me off about TMI, because i have this love-hate thing going on for them. At moments i love them & pity them... other times, i just want them to go away & be replaces by simon & isabelle.

I just hate sebastian. at first i kinda liked him.. he seemed innocent & misunderstood. and the way he treater clary was so... brotherly. but after... when he got his freak on... well yeah. love died. creepy mother fucker.


either way....
cant wait for the next one !!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read ANY books from this series. I tried City of Bones but it was too serious for me at the time and I shelved it. but I really, really want to finish it because I've been reading good things about it from almost everyone I encounter in the "book world". I'll give it another try. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't buy into the hype. I could name tons of books better than the mortal instruments. But nonetheless, the story is good & the characters are addictive ... It's just not all I wanted it to be!

      Delete